Sunday 18 November 2012

That Difficult First Post

As a writer with very little material actually published yet, this blog is perhaps a tad pre-emptive. However, with so many projects on the go and irons in even more fires, it seemed like the time was ripe to set up an area of this here internet thingy to talk to people about my work, interests and loves.

First up: Who the devil am I? As a quick overview, I'm a lover of Victorian and Edwardian literature, which I studied at university many moons ago, a full-time editor for fantasy miniatures company Games Workshop, freelance games designer, and aspiring author of novels and short stories. My first book is nearing completion, and is a Victorian science-fiction/ horror mash-up; more on that at a later date. This blog is, first and foremost, dedicated to my works of fiction, although shameless plugs for my other pursuits will inevitably end up here too!

More to the point, between now and the publication of that elusive first book, what's this blog all about? Well, I intend to use this web space as a platform to talk about the writing process, and things that interest me, such as antiquarian books and miscellaneous Victoriana, and my thoughts on the great writers and novels - past and present - that continue to inspire me.

As I (hopefully) build a body of work, I do hope that you will follow me on my literary odyssey, with a style and elan befitting the great Victorian adventurers. It all starts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.