Friday 21 April 2017

Writing Like There's No Tomorrow

A bit quiet on the blog front again, primarily because I'm so darned busy I can barely keep up! A few recent releases to keep you informed about though, well worth a plug on here for posterity.


First up, my first Sherlock Holmes novel, A Betrayal in Blood, is in all good bookshops now. Published by Titan, this feature-length Holmes story is actually based on some research I did years ago when I was studying Bram Stoker's Dracula, and asks the question, what if Dracula was innocent of all charges? This book was great fun, and it was a real challenge trying to capture not only the voice of Watson, but also of the key players in Dracula. Early reviews indicate I was pretty successful, so do check it out!


Secondly, I just received my author copy of the charming A Clockwork Iris, a collection of Iris Wildthyme short stories which includes my tale, Petit Fours, Petite Mort. For those who don't know, Iris Wildthyme is a time-travelling adventuress sort-of-but-not-quite in the Dr Who universe, made famous by Whovian companion Katy Manning in the popular audio series. It's the first time I've had a comedy tale published, and really enjoyed writing it.



The other week I was delighted to receive a new edition of my Sleepy Hollow book. Originally written for Osprey Dark, it's been re-released as Hunting the Headless Horseman, with a lovely library-edition hardcover in the US, by Rosen Publishing. It might be a year old, but it felt pretty special to get a hardback release!


Finally, for the wargaming crowd, I received my author samples of the Arkham Knight Campaign Book from Knight Models. This was my first contribution to the Batman Miniature Game as author rather than editor, and I'm very proud of this. Big shout out to Luis at Knight for his incredible graphic design work - he makes us writers look good!

It doesn't stop there: keep your eyes peeled in the very near future for some Broken Legions articles in the venerable pages of Wargames Illustrated, a feature on the Apollonian Case Files in the Nottingham arts magazine Left Lion, and a short story in the forthcoming Ghost Archipelago anthology from Osprey Publishing.

My very own Hound of the Baskervilles, #bdog,
helping out with editing the Legion Prophecy.
I'll be blogging on a few of these titles, and more, in the near future. For now, I need to finish editing the third Apollonian book, The Legion Prophecy, start my second Sherlock Holmes novel, finish a Holmes short story for a forthcoming Gothic anthology, and get to work on several top secret licensed games (keep an eye out on my Facebook page for more details as they emerge). Busy busy busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.