Wednesday 19 September 2018

Nothing to See Here...

I realised this morning that my blog has become rather neglected of late. Nothing to worry about - far from it, in fact. It's just that 2018 is the busiest year I've had since becoming a full-time writer and freelancer over five years ago, and finding time to blog, or even think sometimes, is getting hard!

Normal service will resume shortly. In the meantime, some quick updates:


  • I'll be attending FantasyCon 2018 next month, which this year is in the lovely city of Chester. Currently in the process of sorting out which panels I'll be on, and whether or not to do a reading. Would love to see you there!
  • Anthology news: First up, my new Sherlock Holmes story, the Cuckoo's Hour, is out now in the excellent Gaslight Gothic from Edge Publishing. Some words on that here. Secondly, I'm delighted to have a story in Marie O'Regan's ghost story anthology, Phantoms, available from Titan Books just in time for Hallowe'en.
  • Next month also sees the launch of my first licensed novel (and my first published fantasy novel), Destiny's Call. Set in Osprey Games' Ghost Archipelago world, it's an action-driven tale about a young boy with mysterious powers, fighting the good fight far from home while the whole world seems stacked against him. Also, check out the fab cover by Dmitry Burmak, right.
  • Speaking of fantasy novels, I'm currently writing one! Yes, the next project is a bit of a departure from Victoriana, but will be recognisable to fans as a dark tale of intrigue and mystery.
  • The tabletop games side of my writing life has gone a bit crazy. I should have some big announcements to make over the next few months, including one tremendous, super-top-secret licensed property that I've been working on for months. Almost ready to come up for air...
That's all for now: more updates soon. Do not adjust your set.

UPDATE: Contributor copies of Phantoms arrived today. Pretty thrilled I got to be a 'cover author' this time, especially given the incredible line-up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.